Monday, February 13, 2006

rock me momma like a wagon wheel...

old crow medicine show might be one of the best albums you have or have not heard! i highly recomend them. they are a folk act, if you wondered what music was like in the 40's amd 50's this would be it. it is not bluegrass though bluegrass was born out of traditional folk so you might think it sounds a little blue grassy.

i started readin searching for God knows what, which was an amazing gift from my sister for my birthday, it is pretty good so far. it is much more personal than blue like jazz and it has mostly been about our view of God and how that also effects the way that we live our lives. it has been mostly about how we were made to be relational as an explenation of why we look for validation in any and every thing.

i suppose that the reason this hit me so hard this morning is that probably my biggest struggle in life has been feeling like what i really need is a relationship. the advice that i have recieved was that i should just be patient or nor think about it or realize that God is enough. as don miller works through genesis there is something he points out that adresses this dilema in my life. the only person who has ever had a perfect relationship with God was lonely. adam was lonely according to scripture. so what did God do... he paraded the animals in front of adam and required him to name them. after this realizeng that he couldnt speak with the animals swing through the trees with the monkeys, swim with the fish God let him fall asleep as he pondered this and he made him someone to take away that loneliness. this says a lot about who we were created to be and what we were created to do. so i would like you to know that the worries i have had that i am not a good christian because i did not find wholeness in christ and i long for a relationship has been relieved. there is balance though and i know that i will not find completion in a relationship but its nice to know that these longings are who christ created me to be.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to call me sometime so we can talk about everything.
Tisha

13.2.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't get back to you. I did work until 12:30 today (Sunday) but I REALLY wanted to go to church. Next week is a roadtrip to Arkansas with Matt's band but the next weekend I promise I'll be in that church! You may need to help me get there though. Have a good week.
Melissa
P.S. Let me know about when your work is doing that thing to help me with my taxes.

19.2.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home