Sunday, November 06, 2005

down in denver down in denver all i did was die...

my last two hours of 23 and as i refelct on the past year on this my birthday eve i am amazed as usual by the grace of God. i think about how many times i was ready to give up on God and church and life and just walk away and live for myself. i think about my exodus of springfield which much like egypt i thought it would be better to be a slave there than to go somewhere things were unsure. i think about how i could possibly end up living in north dakota and how i am still single here but some how ok with it. more okay with it than i ever have been. i think about how i am finally starting to feel like an adult and how i think i am ready to take on those responsibilities. i am getting comfortable in my skin and who i am and i like me. so here is to twenty four and all she has in store, i look forward to her and anticipate the reflection the same time next year.

7 Comments:

Blogger b said...

happy birthday! i have one coming up too! isn't it funny how when you were a kid you just could not wait for a party and cake and birthday presents.. and now the time before your birthday is more of a time of reflection than an impatiant countdown for a visit to chuckie cheese's. but anyhow yeah! i actually did run out of time and it is going to get kind of weird in a bit.. i might finish this part off this evening! i don't think i'd liek to write a book.. but i think i'd like to move arround different states and write short stories about my experiences in them and have some sort of united states compilation... i guess i got the idea from listening to sufjan stevens!

6.11.05  
Blogger nikki })i({ said...

Yes to 24! *Glasses Raised High* I love you bro! Wish I was there to bring in the day with you.

6.11.05  
Blogger KS said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WESS! man I don't feel so bad a turning 22 now that I know you are going to be 24! haha j/k.. Love you man... Hopefully talk to you soon Braski. later Rigo

6.11.05  
Blogger ashdown said...

happy bday bro!! have a wish we could celebrate with ya!!

the ashdowns

7.11.05  
Blogger Brittany said...

Hey, I hope you are having a good Birthday!

7.11.05  
Blogger aca said...

happy birthday dude.

if this posts twice then double blessings

7.11.05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how the year 24 is a girl. Sorry I have to clean my room myself, but there is just to much that I need to do with out getting distracted.

7.11.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home