Wednesday, July 27, 2005

lamb of God we draw near...

though the fig tree does no tbud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in teh pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet i will rejoice in teh Lord, i will be joyful in God my Savior, the soveriegn Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights. Habakkuk 3. 17-19

reading War of Words by paul tripp and there are some really great ideas so far. i think that some of the best things that he has said invovlve God desiring to not make me successful but to make me Holy and when i get frustrated that i havent accomplished everything i desired that i should know what counts the most is my character. the second thing that i think has been challenging is the purpose of our words which are twofold. first to bring glory to God and second the are used by God to redeem those around us. God is interested in the redeption of mankind and he has chosen our words to be the vehicle. the purpose of our words are worship and redemption.

i have been listening to Sufjan stevens album seven swans a lot lately and the last song transfiguration is soo good, i love it. i want to get illinoise because sufjan is probably one of my favorite artist right now. i suppose that i will have to order it off the internet unless walmart has it(thats was a joke) since there isnt anywhere in town to get music besides wal mart. i guess on saturday when i take the kids to the state fare i could sneak off and try to find a music store and starbucks. hummm that sounds like a pretty good idea!

1 Comments:

Blogger KS said...

Hey Rigo,
Yeah, luckily my parents are paying for insurance and all that fun stuff for now.. the truck will actually get better gas mileage then my jeep.. It's a 2004 Chevy 4 door, with all the bells and whistles.. even a DVD player!! Yeah I'll be one Filthy Rich... you can fill out the rest.. with Massive Payments... Alright take care man and I will talk to you later.

28.7.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home