Saturday, January 07, 2006

look beneath the floor boards for the secrets i have hid...

6 years in this town and still on friday night i end up alone waiting for someone who wants to hang out. waiting for someone to get off work and say that they would love to spend time with me. waiting isnt my thing so i settle for downtown i suppose in my mind the second best thing to being with someone who wants to be with you is being around a lot of people you dont know. getting lost in the crowd and feeling like you are part of something bigger than yourself. i drove past the belmonte building to make sure that it was open before i parked and it was so i drove around the square and parked on teh street. its not that i am self conscious but i walked all the way through the building to the bathroom and skoped the place out as i walked through the crowd looking for someone i know, mostly jeremy, but he wasnt there. i found a few familiar faces and after i said hi i just leaned against the column in the middle of the building and watched the band play. i looked back every few minutes to see if anyone i knew had come in and there was a girl sitting next to my friend mckenzie and i made eye contact with her once and she waved so i waved back and racked my brain, who is this how have i forgotten her, when did i meet her, why cant i remember anything these days. after a lot more looking over the shoulder at the door she got up and talked to me between bands. she was so nice and very attractive and she knew some things about me but i was still drawing a blank. i wasnt worried or anything i just kept talkin to her, she looked at me like it mattered what i said. another band was getting ready to start, before she sat down she gave me a hug. i thought since i couldnt remember her that i would just go for the generic short hug but i loosened my arms and she didnt let go. i felt like i was losing my breathand i couldnt breath and she says with her face close to my ear that she loves me. i would like to blame all the smoke from the scensters and their pipes on my eyes getting a little teary but those words resonated in my lonely little heart and i almost lost it. i swore that i heard music and i sware that it was death cab " youll be love youll be loved like you never have known..." and everything seemed right. suddenly i didnt feel alone this girl had some how gotten into my heart and i think that she might have know all the secrets i have ever kept and a burden was lifted off o fmy shoulders even if it was only for a minute. that burden then tranformed into weight and it was heavy on my heart as i havent stoped thinking of that moment since it happened. im not sure if i will talk to this girl ever again but i hope that she knows in some way she brought love into my life and i dont think that i will forget it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it that lady from Touched by an Angel? Just joking, but I'm glad that it happened. Very romantic. Karen Peris of the Innocence Mission sings, "nobody knows how they are loved/don't worry my darling, the sun's coming up." It's true. And, of course, it sounds as pretty as anything because Karen Peris is singing it. Lots of love,

Landon

7.1.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home