Friday, August 26, 2005

you were always the one...

sometimes prayer is sort of like a wish list or things that i want God to do for me. and i have heard so many people talk about living lives of prayer or constantly being in a state of prayer and it never made sense. there has always been something mysterious about prayer about petitioning the almight for my meager needs. to bother the creator of the universe with what i want him to do for me. it all ner really made sense. then as i read lasr night dallas willard said that there is this strange ocurance in prayer where when my heart is in the right place and i am serving God then the natural thoughts i have will be thoughts in obtaining the goals of God. so then my prayers depend on my knowledge of Gods goals for life. and i am learning more about these goals for justice and for the needs of the poor to be met and for me to plead the case of the fatherless and the widows. these are the things that prayers are made of. these are the way Gods heart is beating reconciling the whole world to himself and my prayers mingled with the power of the holy spirit in me give me the amazing oppertuniity to be a part of that. this blows my mind this makes me want to be a part of everything God is doing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Wass,
www.thecrossingatmoscow.com
I went to this church yesterday. Checked out their website today. I do like the pastor and what I see of his heart, but will keep searching. I was encouraged by their link page. Keep on rockin in the free world,

Landon

29.8.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home